Pages

Friday 19 August 2011

SM64GS Update

Hello guys!! I've been doing some hard work since the last update. I have finally gotten the textures to work :D So, since then, I have been importing some of my finished levels, and I thought I'd show you some. Two of the levels I have previews on Youtube, so I'll give links to those, and one is just some pictures. Let's get to the good stuff, shall we??

Ok, so my first import was Fiery Factory. It's course number 5, and replaces Haunted House. Fiery Factory is of course, a big factory with lava. I had to include the bullies from Lethal Lava Land, somewhere in my hack, so here they are. I think this level is one of my favourites of all my levels so far. Check it out here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-JlAKu5K-c&feature=channel_video_title


My second regular course I've imported, is Bob-Omb Plains. The level has Bob-Ombs, and it's in these grass fields (hence the level's name). This is course number 1, and replaces Bob-Omb Battlefield. This is what I'm calling, a beginner's level. It will have some tricks that some newbies will have to learn, to obtain the stars. I have aimed my hack at beginners/not-so-good players, and at skillful players, so both can enjoy, without one missing out. Once you've played this hack, you may even be quite good!!! So, here's a link to the level: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMwq1PoIe1g&feature=related


Also, I've been doing some sound hacking too!! As you may have noticed, I've changed the star select screen's music. I've imported a remix of M&L SS File Select. In SM64, you can't have the exact song, because the sound format is ridiculous. So, hackers have to remake the song as close to the original as possible.

So, this last level is not a regular course. It only contains 2 stars, instead of 7. Of course, it's a secret course. However, not just any old secret course. It's my Wing Cap level, where you activate the Wing Cap. This level, is reasonable hard. Hitting the switch, is very easy, like the original game. Like the original game, getting the red coins is harder, but my Wing Cap, it's even harder than that. You have to weave through many places, and go from many heights to get all 8 red coins. I have made the course easier, by adding platforms at the back, or the side of each tower, so you can get back up to where you started, if you want. Anyway, I'll stop yacking on, and show you the pictures.


In the first picture, is the starting platform. As you can see, it's quite easy to fly down to the main platform where the Wing Cap Switch is (picture #2). In the third picture, you can see Mario flying around. You can see the red coin, it's under the Main Platform (the one Mario is standing on in picture 2). While testing this level, I thought it was a good challenge for some. It challenged me, and I'm pretty good at SM64. You may also have notcied, what about the 2nd star?? You said there were 2. Of course there ARE 2, one is hidden somewhere. No hints, you'll just have to find it, won't you!! That's it for now. Make sure you come back for more updates!!

-Luigi*

No comments:

Post a Comment