Pages

Friday 13 May 2011

SM64 Hack Update

Alright, I've made some new courses, and finished the HUB level. I'll show you some pictures soon, but not yet. I've been working on this for ages, I even spend hors just trying to make one level, then sometimes, I stuff up the level, and have to recreate a whole new one. That's happened numerous amounts of times. Also, putting in textures is hard, because I put the exact texture I want (eg. Grass) andit ends up a completely different thing, so sorry guys, I can't fix the textures, unless TT64 Version 0.6 comes out, which I don't think will come out before I release the hack.















Also, in my HUB, I've put in Warp Pipes to go to the levels I've made, and all the warps work eg. Getting a star, you come out, or when you die, you come out of the level. When the warps aren't correct, the game freezes. I had alot of trouble with these, till this morning. I was mucking around with the warps and I tested it randomly, and what do you know, it worked. So now I have knowledge on how to make correct warping systems.









Anyway, now for the pictures, because I've explained about my hack before... you know the drill, it's in ascending order, with 1 first on the list, and then #2, then 3, then 4... etc.





The first 2 pictures are the HUB level. Yes, it is very dark, but the textures stuffed up, just like I said before. In the first picture, you can see Mario's house quite well, and in the corner, you can see his pool/dam. You can see a couple of warp pipes in picture 2, and one in picture 1.




In picture 3 you can see part of the course I made called Rocky Mountainside. That course was only made recently, and has a couple of stuffed up warps in it, but at least you can access the level. In picture 4 is just one of the stars, and that's where you appear once you collect a star/die in a course.




In pictures 5 and 6 are another course I made called Sky Galaxy. It's not really a galaxy, but oh well, it sounds pretty cool. In picture 5, you can see many boxes, they all rotate (like in tick tock clock). And you have to use those boxes to get a star which is on the platform Mario was standing on when I took the photo/screenshot. In picture 6 you can see a lake, that's where you collect all the Red Coins, and you go there to get to picture 5 pretty much.




Anyway, that's all I'vce done since the last update. BYE BYE!! :3




Oh, and can you leave a comment just so I know you've come to the site, I've made a setting where anyone can comment, so you just click comments, then anonymous, type your comment, and send it. Or if you have an account, you don't have to do that. Anyway, off I go to make more levels/courses!!

4 comments:

  1. Thats awesome dude! How do you play the levels, and how are you able to edit them like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Well, you play them on an emulator, using the rom (that I'm creating). You download these few things onto your CPU/computer and then you can play.

    Also, I use Google Sketchup to make the levels, I use SM64 Textures to colour the level, so it's less boring, and I use an OBJ. Importer/exporter to add the level to the rom. It's alot of work... I also use a special program, called Toads Tool 64 to add stars, and other misc. objects to the levels. To make just one level can take 3-4 hours. It's very complicated, and I won't go into anymore detail.

    If you're interested in downloading it, I'll let everyone know when it's released, and my buddy, Bowser, will upload a video on youtube. In that video, will be some scenes and how to download/play.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait! Tell me when, and I'll be sure to post it on our blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure thing I will. That'd be great if you can help advertise!!

    ReplyDelete